37% of projects are blocked by the board due to irrational fears while 84% of workers harbor irrational fears of their own. New research exposes what’s holding businesses back.
A lack of understanding leads to irrational fears of new technologies, such as the cloud at board level and these fears are passed through the business.
• 37% of projects blocked by the board due to fear
• 57% believe the board is most frightened of new technology
• 55% companies see IT adoption as a risk
• 52% of people hindered by IT rules
• 24% of ideas delayed so long by IT fears that they fail to deliver
IT managers revealed which buzzwords help and hinder their budget requests to the board.
• “Cloud” twice as likely to help as hinder
• Synonyms can have completely different impact
• “Collaboration” and “on demand” are the best words to add
• “Gamification” and “Infonomics” are the worst
• “Cloud” and “BYOD” no longer four-letter words
The fears that individuals have hold themselves and their businesses back.
• 84% of people harbor irrational workplace fears
• 25% fear sending embarrassing emails to the wrong people
• 8% believe the photocopier is plotting against them
• 63% are confident that technology won’t replace them
• 44% believe that computers have changed the world most
• 6% said antibiotics and 14% the wheel