Recently Webware, part of the CNET community, posted finalists for the Webware 100 awards and Mozy was chosen as a finalist! We’d be honored if you took a minute to show your love and give your props for Mozy before voting closes on April 30. It’s easy to vote and no registration is required. Just go here to vote.
Monthly Archives: April 2009
Howard Moore from La Canada, California, received a frightening wake-up call one day, that convinced him of the need to find a better backup solution for his data.
Just days before Christmas, Howard and his family were victims of a house burglary.
Before signing up for Mozy, Howard would back up to external hard drives every night. He would alternate between the two drives, and take one off-site with him to his work office. However, since Howard has started working more from home, his second hard drive is no longer located off-site.
As a result, when the burglars came into Howard’s home, both of his hard drives were sitting next to his desktop. But, for whatever reason, Howard’s home office located in the back of the house, was not broken into. Maybe the burglars were too distracted by the Christmas gifts and his wife’s jewelery to even go into the office, but for whatever the reason, Howard is grateful.
"If the burglars had come into the back room, I would have lost everything," Howard said. "I had both external backup drives sitting right next to my PC! The home burglary convinced me of the need for off-site storage. I checked many other services for several weeks and Mozy was by far the best for me. It is designed for my needs."
Howard has been using Mozy ever since the burglary, and could not be happier with the service.
"I have only had to restore a few files since becoming a Mozy user, but I have tried multiple methods, and all of them could not have been any easier," Howard said. "What I like most about Mozy is that it’s always there, discretely doing its job."
As mentioned in our previous blog post, we’ve had a big announcement to make, and, well, the time has come! Earlier this year, we reached 1 million Mozy customers! To celebrate this significant milestone, we decided to find our millionth customer and give them a warm Mozy "thank you."
Our search took us out to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where we met up with our very own spokesperson iJustine to surprise Nathan Kletzing, our millionth customer, with a massive Mozy prize! Here’s her video of the event-
So congrats to Nathan and his wife. Enjoy a million seconds of peace together, as you take an all-expenses-paid 7-day cruise to Mexico on us , comfortable in the knowledge that while you’re away, all your data is backed up with Mozy!
P.S. Be sure to check out our previous blog post for winners of the Guess The Prize contest!
We passed a major milestone earlier this year, and now one lucky customer will be receiving a massive Mozy prize to celebrate!
What is the prize, you ask? Well, that’s the catch. We’re not going to announce it right now. Instead, we’ll be publishing a series of clues on this blog and on our Twitter feed over the next couple of days that point towards what the massive prize is. The first three people to correctly guess what the massive prize is will receive an iPod Touch courtesy of Mozy! Just email your guesses to email@example.com . Good luck, Sherlock!
- First Clue – Julee Cruise is the artist.
- +39° 36′ 13.00", -78° 44′ 34.00" – Mexico , Alleghany County, Maryland.
- http://www.lore-and-saga.co.uk/html/dice.html – Mia is also obscurely known as Mexican .
- 37.629731,-77.515989 – Henrico County, Virginia, site of the 7 Days Battles in the US Civil War
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Jo1gH89VM – Trailer from the film "American Graffiti ," where teens spend a night cruising .
- E115 – The atomic number for ununpentium , the radioactive element that makes time travel possible in the TV show Seven Days .
- Classic Midway Driver – Cruisin ‘ USA
- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/6166367.stm – the ship being rescued was the Mexico .
- http://is.gd/sqrU – URL had two "sevens" in it – http://www.nypost.com/seven /seven .htm
- http://is.gd/srHx – Clip from the movie "Rejs," translated into English as "The Cruise ."
- http://is.gd/ss6S – The photo on the album cover is of the famous Black Panther Salute from the 1968 Mexico City Olympics
- http://is.gd/ssjp – Photographer references a seven days break
- John Houseman – A good friend of Orson Welles, one of his (uncredited) roles was in the film "Seven Days in May ".
- 38.226600, -112.299072 – Cruise missile caught in flight on Google Maps.
- kwanzaa – a seven-day long celebration.
Winners: We only had one winner who got all required elements of the guess correct -Eric Nagel. Congrats! If you didn’t win, stay tuned because there will absolutely be more contests in the near future!