We are once again proud to announce another Mozy Windows client release. Here are a few highlights from this latest release:
- Added support for EFS encrypted files – The client now supports backing up only the portions of the files that have changed for EFS encrypted files, rather than the entire file.
- Improved the speed of launching configuration – When you launch the configuration utility, it now displays much faster than before.
- Added welcome tab in the client configuration – The client configuration window now has a Welcome tab that displays information about how Mozy works, how to select files for backup, and how to perform a restore.
- Added tooltips to the tabs in client configuration – Added pop-up text that displays when a mouse is hovered over a tab (tooltips) in the client Configuration window. The tooltips explain the tasks that can be completed on each tab of the Configuration window.
- Enhanced locked file support – The client now uses Windows Volume Shadow Services (VSS) for all files to prevent locking. This allows files to be used by other applications while they are being backed up.
- Improved the password change flow – Now when you change your password on the Mozy Web site, you are automatically asked to enter your new password when a backup occurs or when you launch the Configuration window.
- Other compatibility and performance improvements
To see the full release notes and download the new client version, check out our update section . Please note that you don’t have to download and install the new client manually, as your old client will auto-update within a week.
Finally, we are constantly looking for ways to improve Mozy, so if you have any comments or suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org !
Yesterday we were thrilled to announce triple-digit growth in the number of healthcare organizations adopting MozyPro over the past year. We believe that the primary drivers of this growth include economic pressures, the growing trend towards digitized health records, the sheer amount of digital information being accumulated by healthcare providers and compliance with government regulation.
Like any business, healthcare providers are not immune to economic headwinds and are also being forced to reduce budgets and do more with fewer resources. MozyPro online backup offers secure, automated backup at an affordable price, which frees up valuable resources to focus on more important things—like managing your business.
In our announcement, we shared a few customer stories such as that of Dr. Wayne T. Faber of Tenafly Dental Associates in Tenafly, New Jersey who realized a 97 percent savings in backup costs after switching to MozyPro. For more information or to read the full customer stories, visit www.mozy.com/healthcare.
Individual medical records once stored in filing cabinets are now being digitized and stored as electronic health records (EHRs). As part of the recently passed economic stimulus bill, the HITECH Act encourages healthcare providers to move to EHRs and provides financial incentives for doing so. Compliance with government regulation is also critical, and MozyPro helps healthcare providers become compliant with both the HIPAA Privacy and HIPAA Security Rules.
This will result in unprecedented amounts of digital patient information being generated in the coming years, which also needs to be protected and securely backed up. With over 15 petabytes of data currently under management, Decho is one of a handful of trusted companies in the world that has experience securely managing data at such a massive scale. To put 15 petabytes in perspective, Decho stores 750x the digitized content of the Library of Congress! That’s a lot of data.