We are once again proud to announce another Mozy Mac client release. Here are a few highlights from this latest release:
- Improved memory usage – The client will run much faster and use fewer resources, especially during backups and restores.
- Better client transparency during configuration – We’ve added a file scanning progress indicator, and warnings when a backup is started before the client is fully configured and when changes might be lost when the configuration is closed without saving.
- Simpler options – The list of options in the menu bar has been reduced and simplified.
- Other compatibility, stability and performance improvements.
To see the full release notes and download the new client version, check out our update section. Please note that you don’t have to download and install the new client manually, as your old client will auto-update within a week.
Finally, we are constantly looking for ways to improve Mozy, so if you have any comments or suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
In the past several years, Internet usage in China has absolutely exploded, and now there are more than 330 million Chinese Internet users who, like everyone else, have data that needs to be protected and secured.
That’s why we here at Decho/Mozy are excited to announce our partnership with China Telecom, the largest telecommunications and broadband provider in China! With China Telecom’s 214 million fixed lines, 47 million broadband subscribers, and 35 million mobile users, we’ll be able to help millions of Chinese Internet users protect and manage their data in the cloud!
We’re calling the new service eYun (which is Chinese for eCloud). It’s powered by Mozy and already has 15,000 pilot users,. We’ll initially be providing safe, secure online backup services, but in the future, eYun will let users do even more with their data with additional cloud services.
You can find out more about the Mozy/China Telecom partnership in our press release.
In response to several questions regarding Mozy’s compatibility with Snow Leopard, we’re happy to announce that our QA team has approved Mozy for Apple’s latest and greatest software. In fact, we’ve made Snow Leopard the preferred Mozy operating system for Mac.
Our reasons for doing so are twofold:
- Running the latest Mozy client on Snow Leopard provides gains in the client’s stability and speed.
- The sooner we get the majority of our Mac users on Snow Leopard, the sooner our engineers can take advantage of Snow Leopard’s 64-bit architecture. What does this mean for you? An even faster, more stable, and more feature-rich Mac Mozy client.
We’ll keep you updated as more releases and updates become available. In the meantime, be safe!