Mozy Stash just got a whole lot better. Since the debut of Stash, one of the most frequently requested features from beta users has been for a way to upload files from the web. Now with Mozy Web Access, you can.
Let’s take a fast tour of some new features in Mozy Web Access.
- A tab for your Stash, and a Devices tab for your backups. Now you can easily access all of the files you protect with Mozy through a single web interface.
- A breadcrumb widget shows you where you are in the folder heirarchy, allowing you to jump back up to any parent folder.
- Switch from the default list view to a gallery view, and you can see thumbnails for each photo.
- The Actions panel changes dynamically depending on what you have selected. (More on this below.)
- You can select multiple files or folders
- Summary information about your selection shows in the footer.
As mentioned in the above list, different actions show in the actions panel, and that’s where you will find some great new features only available in your Stash:
- Upload allows you to upload to the current folder
- Create new folder lets you add a folder
- Delete allows you to remove a file from your Stash
To be sure, this is just the first batch of Stash features we have added to Mozy Web Access. We look forward to adding more capabilities, such as renaming files or folders, or allowing you to move them as you need.
In addition to the new features for Stash, many of the new features in Web Access are available for files protected with classic online backup, too. Image thumbnails (as shown above), multi-file download, the actions panel, and many other new features work similarly when browsing files on your backed up device. I’ll cover more about general new features tomorrow in a follow up post.
Be safe, and happy stashing,
Mozy Product Management