You’ve heard it a thousand times before: “A picture is worth a thousand words.” That’s because it’s true. A picture can often express emotion better than words. Just take a look at the winners from our recent Mozy Summer Photo Contest 2014.
Some of the photos made us smile, others made us laugh out loud, while others made us contemplate the wonders of nature. But all of them helped us to see the beauty that’s all around us.
After tallying the votes, we awarded one grand prize winner and three consolation prizes:
- Grand Prize: “Flying High” by Jackie Linder
- Consolation Prize winners:
- “Deep in the Canyon” by Rita Meistrell
- “Interested Observers” by Lauren Ward
- “Perfect Sunset” by Jenine Reed
Our grand prize winner will receive a $50 gift card. Each of our consolation prize winners will receive a $25 gift card. Congratulations to each of you!
Thanks to all of you for your submissions. And thanks to everyone for voting for your favorites. We’re already looking forward to our next photo contest, so keep taking great pictures of your favorite subjects!
Summer is in full swing in the northern hemisphere!
We know you take incredible photos and trust Mozy to keep them safe. To thank you for that trust we are happy to feature our 2014 Summer Photo Contest. Take a great shot, attach it to this blog post, and you could be the winner of one of three $25 gift cards, or the grand prize winner of a $50 gift card!
To submit your summer photo, please follow these steps:
- Make sure it is your own original work. No copycats!
- The photo should be appropriate for all ages.
- In the comments section below give your photo a title and then click on the photo icon below the text box () to upload your photo.
- You will also need to sign in to post. You can use your Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, or Google login.
- Then just wait! Your photo will be reviewed and then posted.
Once it’s live, you may also want to share it with your friends and family. Photos that have more “likes” will certainly get our attention.
Photos will be judged on the following criteria:
- Has a distinct summer feel
- The “Aww” factor, as in “Aww, cute!” or “in awe” of the scene.
Entries must be submitted before August 18, 2014. Winners will be announced in the August newsletter and posted on this blog.
Good luck! We’re excited to see your amazing photography skills!
*Void where prohibited by law.
We put out a call for some pictures showcasing winter and we received some incredible winter wonderland photos taken by our talented customers. We’d like to thank everyone that contributed their photos. We feel honored that you would share a piece of your life with us.
Please join us in congratulating the winners of the “Winter wonderland” contest:
First place is “Leaves in Frozen Lake” by Mikkel Houmoller
Second place is “Winter Birds” by Christina Carlson
Third place is “Snow Dog” by Chris Nodder
Remember to subscribe to the Mozy blog, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter to stay in the know – our next contest is right around the corner and the winner could be you!
Mozy proudly announces Mozy Mac Client version 2.3.1, fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and generally available Monday July 25th.
Now you can combine the advantages of the new Mac OS features like AirDrop, Versions, FileVault 2, and Time Machine with the peace-of-mind that comes with Mozy backup, including:
- Access to your files anywhere at any time through Mozy web, mobile, and tablet apps
- Confidence that your files are safe even if your local Time Machine drive fails
- Premium security, optionally coupled with FileVault encryption
Download the newest Mozy Mac Client.
The Mozy Android app is now available!
You can find the app in the Android market (either send the app to your device online or access and download the app from the market on your Android device).
Like the Mozy iOS app, MozyHome users can access their Mozy backed up files from their mobile device. Additionally they can download the file and use it with other Android apps that support the file type.
Three restrictions do apply:
- Only users in the U.S. and Canada can access the Mozy app in the Android market. (A global update is planned to release soon.)
- The Mozy app only works with MozyHome accounts at this time. (An update for MozyPro customers is already under development.)
- If you have opted to encrypt your backups with your own private key, this Android app version cannot decrypt your files.
Learn more about our Mozy mobile offerings.
We are excited to announce that the Mozy iPhone app is now available on the iTunes App Store!
What can you do with it?
For this first version of the Mozy app, our goal is simple: We want to provide MozyHome customers an app for accessing their files backed up to Mozy. There are some very cool features, such as emailing a file, opening in other applications, and viewing photos or sharing them to Facebook. But we kept the feature set lean because we hope to update frequently based on user feedback. This version is the beginning of something that we plan to update regularly.
You can find the Mozy iPhone app in the iTunes App Store (either from iTunes or your iOS device).
Three restrictions apply:
- The Mozy app is listed in iTunes only for users in the US & Canada. (A global update is planned to release soon.)
- The Mozy app currently only works with MozyHome accounts. (An update for MozyPro customers is already under development.)
- If you have opted to encrypt your backups with your own private key, this version cannot decrypt your files.
Learn more about our Mozy mobile offerings.
Mozy is pleased to announce the following:
- Mozy file sync beta
- Mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android
These two features will allow you to do more with the information that you’ve already backed up to Mozy.
Mozy file sync allows you to synchronize your files across all your computers automatically. No longer will you need to email a copy of a file to yourself, or wait to show off your vacation pictures until you get to your home computer, or even have to rely on USB drives to make your files portable. With Mozy file sync, your files are automatically synced across every device, ready for consumption wherever you are. We are currently looking for Mozy customers (free or paying) to beta test this feature.
With Mozy’s mobile apps, you’ll be able to access your backed up files from your iPhone, iPad or Android device. Browse files or search for a specific file from anywhere. Quickly view photo thumbnails and download the full file in high resolution, right to your mobile device. Email any of your backed up files or photos to friends and family, right from your phone. Using Mozy mobile apps, you’ll be able to access and use your information where and when you need it.
We’ve been using these cool features internally for a few months now and… we’re hooked! Both features will be available to Mozy customers soon. In the meantime, if you’d like to be considered as a candidate for a private beta of the sync feature, or be one of the first to be notified of the Mozy mobile app, please visit http://mozy.com/backup/sync-beta.
This week we announced our new MozyPro Reseller Program. Our new MozyPro reseller program brings new enhancements and tools to MozyPro that will help our resellers better serve their customers while helping them grow their online backup business. These enhancements include:
- A new Mozy Reseller Portal where resellers can sign in with their MozyPro credentials for complete access to help them market, sell, and support their MozyPro business. Visit the portal to learn more. (MozyPro login credentials required.)
- Mozy now gives qualifying resellers the ability to prominently feature their company brand in both the MozyPro client and web system at no additional cost. Learn more >
- The MozyPro Administration Console includes new reporting capabilities that will enable resellers to better manage their customers’ needs in less time.
- The new Mozy Accreditation program gives resellers the ability to receive increasing benefits as their business grows.
We’re excited about these new improvements, and we especially thank our resellers for their continued support and feedback to help make MozyPro better. If you have any questions relating to our Mozy Reseller Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The MozyPro Reseller Team
For the first time since 2006, we’re adjusting the price of our MozyHome service. As part of this change, we’re replacing our Unlimited backup plan. The backup market has changed since we introduced MozyHome Unlimited in 2006, and our new plans are designed to help us continue serving the data protection needs of our customers.