Recently Webware, part of the CNET community, posted finalists for the Webware 100 awards and Mozy was chosen as a finalist! We’d be honored if you took a minute to show your love and give your props for Mozy before voting closes on April 30. It’s easy to vote and no registration is required. Just go here to vote.
Category Archives: Announcements
As mentioned in our previous blog post, we’ve had a big announcement to make, and, well, the time has come! Earlier this year, we reached 1 million Mozy customers! To celebrate this significant milestone, we decided to find our millionth customer and give them a warm Mozy "thank you."
Our search took us out to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where we met up with our very own spokesperson iJustine to surprise Nathan Kletzing, our millionth customer, with a massive Mozy prize! Here’s her video of the event-
So congrats to Nathan and his wife. Enjoy a million seconds of peace together, as you take an all-expenses-paid 7-day cruise to Mexico on us , comfortable in the knowledge that while you’re away, all your data is backed up with Mozy!
P.S. Be sure to check out our previous blog post for winners of the Guess The Prize contest!
We passed a major milestone earlier this year, and now one lucky customer will be receiving a massive Mozy prize to celebrate!
What is the prize, you ask? Well, that’s the catch. We’re not going to announce it right now. Instead, we’ll be publishing a series of clues on this blog and on our Twitter feed over the next couple of days that point towards what the massive prize is. The first three people to correctly guess what the massive prize is will receive an iPod Touch courtesy of Mozy! Just email your guesses to firstname.lastname@example.org . Good luck, Sherlock!
- First Clue – Julee Cruise is the artist.
- +39° 36′ 13.00", -78° 44′ 34.00" – Mexico , Alleghany County, Maryland.
- http://www.lore-and-saga.co.uk/html/dice.html – Mia is also obscurely known as Mexican .
- 37.629731,-77.515989 – Henrico County, Virginia, site of the 7 Days Battles in the US Civil War
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Jo1gH89VM – Trailer from the film "American Graffiti ," where teens spend a night cruising .
- E115 – The atomic number for ununpentium , the radioactive element that makes time travel possible in the TV show Seven Days .
- Classic Midway Driver – Cruisin ‘ USA
- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/6166367.stm – the ship being rescued was the Mexico .
- http://is.gd/sqrU – URL had two "sevens" in it – http://www.nypost.com/seven /seven .htm
- http://is.gd/srHx – Clip from the movie "Rejs," translated into English as "The Cruise ."
- http://is.gd/ss6S – The photo on the album cover is of the famous Black Panther Salute from the 1968 Mexico City Olympics
- http://is.gd/ssjp – Photographer references a seven days break
- John Houseman – A good friend of Orson Welles, one of his (uncredited) roles was in the film "Seven Days in May ".
- 38.226600, -112.299072 – Cruise missile caught in flight on Google Maps.
- kwanzaa – a seven-day long celebration.
Winners: We only had one winner who got all required elements of the guess correct -Eric Nagel. Congrats! If you didn’t win, stay tuned because there will absolutely be more contests in the near future!
HP’s Upline backup service recently announced to its users that it will be closing its doors on March 31, 2009. We think backing up your stuff is pretty important, so in order to help those HP Upline customers who will be without a backup solution, we’re offering 20% off new MozyHome Unlimited annual and biennial subscriptions. We want to help you keep your data safe, and we (and EMC) want assure you that we’re going to be here for years to come.
Just type in UPLINE at checkout or click here to get 20% off your new Mozy subscription!
Back late last year, we decided it would be a good idea to start paying attention to Twitter. Well, since then, we’ve been able to help clients out by using Twitter to announce new versions of our clients , provide a direct channel for customers to get support , offer tips for using Mozy , and mention blog posts and other useful resources . We’ve even gotten a couple of kind mentions !
With that said, we’re trying something new. Starting tomorrow at 12:01 MST, we’ll be having Mozy Twitter Free Account Friday! That’s right, we will be giving one lucky @mozy follower a FREE MozyHome unlimited account good for 1 year of UNLIMITED backup! If you already have a MozyHome Unlimited account, we’ll just extend your account out a year, for free! All you have to do is meet the following requirements:
- You must be following Mozy before 11:59 PM Friday evening.
- Sometime between 12:01 AM MST Friday morning and 11:59 PM MST Friday evening, you must retweet the following message: Just entered the Mozy Free Account Friday contest! You can win by following @mozy and RT! http://bit.ly/d14MEp #mozyfaf
That’s it! We’ll tweet out the winner this coming Monday. Good luck!
Back in November of 2008, we announced a video contest asking for people to show us their worst computer nightmares. Maybe it was the awesome prizes (iPods, video cameras, and a trip to Hawaii), or just people’s innate desire to tell an awesome computer horror story. Either way, we received 52 awesome videos detailing everything from a dog with an overactive bladder to a murderous Mac.
After a public round of voting to determine the finalists and an internal company vote to determine the prize winners, we are proud to announce the winners of the My Computer Nightmare Video Contest. Here’s the Grand Prize winner, Tom Anderle, with his submission Don’t Anger Clippy:
To see the rest of the winners, visit http://mozy.com/computernightmare or check them out at the Mozy YouTube channel! And don’t forget to protect yourself from your own computer nightmare with Mozy Online Backup!
Since we last had a blog here at Mozy, quite a bit has changed. We’ve been acquired by EMC, released several new products, and we’ve learned a lot. As a reflection of what we’ve learned, we’re relaunching our blog with a renewed emphasis on you, our customer. We hope to be able to provide you with tips, inside looks at Mozy products, articles from members of the Mozy team, and status updates on the Mozy service. We’ll be posting regularly, so check back often for new info or subscribe to our RSS feed! In the meantime…
Nate and the rest of the Mozy crew