We are excited to announce that the Mozy iPhone app is now available for MozyPro customers on either the iOS or Android mobile platforms.
As with the previous Mozy mobile app releases for MozyHome customers, MozyPro users can now access their Mozy backed up files from their mobile device. Additionally, they can download the file and use it with other iOS or Android apps that support that file type.
For MozyPro administrators, we understand you need to have control over access. That’s why in this new release, MozyPro admins can enable or disable the app for their organization through the MozyPro Admin Console.
Note If you or your organization encrypts data using a personal key, Mozy is working to add mobile file decryption to an upcoming release.
Get it now
You can find the updated Mozy iPhone app in the iTunes App Store (either from iTunes or your iOS device), and you can either send the Mozy Android app from the Android Market, or access and download the app from the market on your Android device.
Learn more about our Mozy mobile offerings.
The Mozy Android app is now available!
You can find the app in the Android market (either send the app to your device online or access and download the app from the market on your Android device).
Like the Mozy iOS app, MozyHome users can access their Mozy backed up files from their mobile device. Additionally they can download the file and use it with other Android apps that support the file type.
Three restrictions do apply:
- Only users in the U.S. and Canada can access the Mozy app in the Android market. (A global update is planned to release soon.)
- The Mozy app only works with MozyHome accounts at this time. (An update for MozyPro customers is already under development.)
- If you have opted to encrypt your backups with your own private key, this Android app version cannot decrypt your files.
Learn more about our Mozy mobile offerings.
Today is “virtual moving day” here at Mozy. While our offices and focus remain the same, Mozy employees are transferring as an intact team to VMware from our mutual parent company, EMC. VMware and the Mozy team will continue the full portfolio of Mozy services. In addition, staff from both companies will begin to integrate longer-term development plans central to building and delivering hybrid cloud solutions. EMC retains the Mozy business as it has been delivering it for over four years now. An operational support agreement between EMC and VMware is in place to make this possible and ensure no impact to Mozy customers. We’ve developed a strong partnership with VMware and over these past several months it has become increasingly clear that moving to VMware will allow us to take advantage of and extend the synergies we’ve been building between the companies. VMware and Mozy share a vision for how cloud computing will transform IT and help businesses achieve greater agility. By joining forces, we believe we can accelerate the development of offerings that businesses are looking for.
Mozy customers will experience our service just the same – our service offerings, data centers, and customer support are completely unchanged. Mozy customers can count on us continuing to improve and invest in our existing services. In the future they can also expect greater interoperability between Mozy and VMware environments, and complementary end user and server-related services.
So we’re excited about this “virtual move,” and are confident it will be a very positive one for Mozy customers and the Mozy team. Also, check out what VMware had to say about today’s announcement.
- Charlotte Yarkoni, Mozy COO
We are excited to announce that the Mozy iPhone app is now available on the iTunes App Store!
What can you do with it?
For this first version of the Mozy app, our goal is simple: We want to provide MozyHome customers an app for accessing their files backed up to Mozy. There are some very cool features, such as emailing a file, opening in other applications, and viewing photos or sharing them to Facebook. But we kept the feature set lean because we hope to update frequently based on user feedback. This version is the beginning of something that we plan to update regularly.
You can find the Mozy iPhone app in the iTunes App Store (either from iTunes or your iOS device).
Three restrictions apply:
- The Mozy app is listed in iTunes only for users in the US & Canada. (A global update is planned to release soon.)
- The Mozy app currently only works with MozyHome accounts. (An update for MozyPro customers is already under development.)
- If you have opted to encrypt your backups with your own private key, this version cannot decrypt your files.
Learn more about our Mozy mobile offerings.
Mozy is pleased to announce the following:
- Mozy file sync beta
- Mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android
These two features will allow you to do more with the information that you’ve already backed up to Mozy.
Mozy file sync allows you to synchronize your files across all your computers automatically. No longer will you need to email a copy of a file to yourself, or wait to show off your vacation pictures until you get to your home computer, or even have to rely on USB drives to make your files portable. With Mozy file sync, your files are automatically synced across every device, ready for consumption wherever you are. We are currently looking for Mozy customers (free or paying) to beta test this feature.
With Mozy’s mobile apps, you’ll be able to access your backed up files from your iPhone, iPad or Android device. Browse files or search for a specific file from anywhere. Quickly view photo thumbnails and download the full file in high resolution, right to your mobile device. Email any of your backed up files or photos to friends and family, right from your phone. Using Mozy mobile apps, you’ll be able to access and use your information where and when you need it.
We’ve been using these cool features internally for a few months now and… we’re hooked! Both features will be available to Mozy customers soon. In the meantime, if you’d like to be considered as a candidate for a private beta of the sync feature, or be one of the first to be notified of the Mozy mobile app, please visit http://mozy.com/backup/sync-beta.
This week we announced our new MozyPro Reseller Program. Our new MozyPro reseller program brings new enhancements and tools to MozyPro that will help our resellers better serve their customers while helping them grow their online backup business. These enhancements include:
- A new Mozy Reseller Portal where resellers can sign in with their MozyPro credentials for complete access to help them market, sell, and support their MozyPro business. Visit the portal to learn more. (MozyPro login credentials required.)
- Mozy now gives qualifying resellers the ability to prominently feature their company brand in both the MozyPro client and web system at no additional cost. Learn more >
- The MozyPro Administration Console includes new reporting capabilities that will enable resellers to better manage their customers’ needs in less time.
- The new Mozy Accreditation program gives resellers the ability to receive increasing benefits as their business grows.
We’re excited about these new improvements, and we especially thank our resellers for their continued support and feedback to help make MozyPro better. If you have any questions relating to our Mozy Reseller Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The MozyPro Reseller Team
For the first time since 2006, we’re adjusting the price of our MozyHome service. As part of this change, we’re replacing our Unlimited backup plan. The backup market has changed since we introduced MozyHome Unlimited in 2006, and our new plans are designed to help us continue serving the data protection needs of our customers.
Here at Mozy, we’re proud of our Mac legacy. We were the first online backup company to offer online backup to Mac, and we’re still dedicated to providing the very best online backup experience that you can get on your Apple computer. So with that said, we’re excited to announce our latest Mac client release: Mozy 2.0 for Mac! This release includes:
- An all-new design that fits seamlessly with the overall Apple user experience.
- A new and better settings and configuration experience.
- An easy on/off switch for automatic backups
- A new query builder to make creating advanced backup rules incredibly easy.
- A new and improved setup assistant to make your Mozy install even simpler.
- Additional information is now available in the status bar menu – things like the ability to see the last 20 files that were backed up and the next 20 files to be backed up – all with the click of your mouse.
- Better file scanning leveraging the existing awesomeness of the Leopard and Snow Leopard OS.
- Overall speed and stability improvements.
- And much, much more!
So go ahead and check out the download link, or just wait for your client to autoupdate, and enjoy the new awesomeness that is Mozy 2.0 for Mac:
MozyHome 2.0 for Mac
MozyPro 2.0 for Mac
You can learn more about the Mozy 2.0 for Mac release at our Mozy 2.0 for Mac page. As always, we welcome your feedback and questions, so feel free to post a comment or submit to the Mozy Customer Portal.
Thanks for backing up with us, and be safe!
In 2009 Mozy was voted one of the best companies to work for in the state of Utah. I’m pleased to announce that we’ve been recognized again for 2010! The details will be in the December issue of Utah Business Magazine. The following are some of our company values that have helped us get to this point along with a few specific examples of how they’ve been put into action:
- Customers first – Here’s a quote from a recent interaction between our support team and one of our customers:
“I just want to let Mozy know how absolutely fantastic it was to deal with Jessica at your Live Chat center. I am a techno idiot and she was extremely patient and reassuring. She went way above and beyond to help with with my issues. One of my most dreaded tasks (even more than going to the dentist or doctor) is contacting tech support. This is the first time I did so without having a homicidal ideation.”
- Innovation – Check out my last post about innovation as well as the one about our open source projects. We’re working on some great innovative stuff here and promising even more in the pipeline!
- Quality – We use Net Promoter score as one of our indicators for customer satisfaction with our products. When we introduced our Win 2.0 client we saw a material increase in our Net Promoter scores. In addition to the streamlined user interface and faster upload speeds, the overall quality of the release has helped increase our customer satisfaction. Yeah for Mozy Win 2.0! P.S. – Did you know we’re working on a Mac 2.0 release right now too? Stay tuned!
- Teamwork – Since there are a few of us who like to ride bikes at Mozy we made some jerseys and wore them as we rode in this year’s Utah Lake Century Epic Ride (ULCER). We enjoyed that pain so much that a few of us created our own biathlon event this Fall. We rode our bikes from the Mozy office in Pleasant Grove to the Timpooneke trailhead at the base of Mount Timpanogos. We left our bikes with one of our team members while we hiked/ran to the top (11,749 feet) and then ran back down. We then rode our bike up and over the scenic byway called the “Alpine Loop” and back to the office. And there are many other examples of Mozy teamwork both in and out of the office.
The things that make Mozy great in Utah are also present across our other locations in Washington, Ireland, the UK and China. All of this comes together to make Mozy an awesome place to work, and the awesomer the workplace, the awesomer the product gets! If you’re interested in working at Mozy, check out our careers page and send us a resume!
Five hundred entries
Who would have imagined it?!
Difficult to choose
Some made us chuckle
Some cleverly created
Some were just out there
But we loved them all!
Thanks for the entertainment
And sharing your skills
Announcing the three
Winners of cash and great fame!
- System seems cozy
Until malware is nosey
Glad I have mozy
-David von Arb
- Found secret e-mails,
So his lap top learned to fly.
Hope he had mozy.
- Drive fried, files Inside
with many thanks to mozy
for saving my hide
And other favorites
No cash, but a little fame
Were also favorites
- Deleted work files
Adventurous nine year old
No match for Mozy
- Where for art thou files?
Six feet under dead and cold
Should have got MOZY
- Nothing. Nada. Zilch.
Once desktop but now doorstop.
All memory gone.
- The hot blond’s email
is somewhere on my hard drive.
Backup for true love.
- Photos fill our lives
Shh, it happens to hard drives
Mozy rescues all
- What was lost is found
Mozy down Memory Lane
Order is restored
- Mozy lets me save
my cat, Phil, from a house fire
and leave my PC
- Mozy: My hero
Until this awful contest
Made me like Haiku
- Is this email real?
“Hello from your old Girlfreind.”
Boot Sector is fried.
- Not just kilobytes
My life’s work and memories
Locked in a dead box
- I smell the ozone,
Smokey tendrils from the fan,
Was that my last click?
- Notebook slides from lap
Does not land like falling leaf
Autumn brings no joy
- Hard drive hacks hair-ball
Bits vanish into ether
“No backup”, I wail
- If my computer
had a mouth, i would punch it
Please help me Mozy