As we march our Mac client ever closer to its 2.0 release, we’re still publishing updates to improve the performance of our existing client. We’re getting close to releasing our latest Mac version (1.8) and we’re looking for a few good beta testers. If you’re interested and prepared to give us great feedback on this latest version, go to http://mozymacbeta.questionpro.com and fill out the brief survey there. If you’re accepted as a beta tester, you’ll be notified and sent download instructions for the new client. Thanks in advance for your help!
Category Archives: Announcements
FINAL UPDATE: The contest has concluded. Winners are as follows:
1TB drive and free year of Mozy
Free Mozy T-shirt
For more information on how the contest ended up, check out the Mozy 2.0 Twitter Contest Leaderboard.
To celebrate the release of Mozy 2.0 for Windows, we’re having a trivia contest! For the next week, we’ll be asking a series of trivia questions based on the theme of “All things 2.0.” We’ve gotten creative with our trivia, so get ready for some craziness! Here’s how it’ll work:
- The contest starts today, May 18, at noon MST. After that, we’ll be asking one question an hour via our Twitter account, from 10 AM MST to 4 PM MST every day for a week. (If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can sign up for one here.)
- The first person to tweet to @mozy with the correct answer(s) to our question will receive 5 points. The second person to guess the correct answer will get 1 point.
- Answers must be tagged with the hashtag #mozy2 to be valid.
- The contest will run for one week, so it ends on May 24 at 11:59 PM MST.
- At that time, we’ll tally up the scores and the people with the top 3 point totals will get a 1TB external hard drive to use with Mozy’s new 2xProtect as well as a free year of Mozy!
Feel free to post questions in the comments. Good luck, and be safe!
UPDATE: We’ll now be posting trivia questions outside of the 10-4 MST window so that everyone can participate. Just look for posts with the #mozy2 tag.
UPDATE: The leaderboard is live! We’ll also be throwing some schwag out for random participants, so even if you don’t win the points competition, you could still pick up some awesome Mozy stuff!
In an increasingly globalised world, it’s still nice to get a bit of the local touch, whether it’s eating at your favorite mom-and-pop diner or getting your hair cut at the local neighborhood barber shop. That’s why Mozy is proud to announce the launch of Mozy.co.uk and Mozy.ie! Now UK and Irish customers can take advantage of the power of Mozy without the hassle of having to deal with foreign currency, distant datacenters, and overseas support staff. That’s right! As part of this site rollout, we’ll be providing:
- IE and UK payment processing – Irish and UK customers can use local currency at checkout!
- IE and UK datacenters – No more sending your data from Ireland or the UK across the pond to keep it safe anymore. That means faster upload and download speed, better security, and greater peace of mind!
- IE and UK support – We have sales and support staff in the UK and Ireland to provide a better, more responsive support experience.
So while we’re excited to be moving in a more global direction, we’re even more excited to be providing a more personalised, convenient experience for our customers in the UK and Ireland.
Like it or not, March Madness is upon us. That’s right, we’re into week two of watching so much basketball that our eyes are bleeding. And what will we have to show for it, when all is said and done? For most of us, the answer is maybe a few bucks for a winning bracket and heartburn from all the nacho cheese we’ve consumed over the past few weeks. But what if you could walk away with $1000 and the peace of mind of knowing that even if your team loses and you go on a half-crazed rampage through your house and inadvertently take a sledgehammer to your computer, all your stuff is backed up?
We’re here to make that a reality (the thousand bucks and peace, not the rampage) with the Mozy March Madness Sweepstakes! There are three ways to enter:
- MozyHome Free Customer – If you’re currently using MozyHome Free, all you have to do is upgrade your existing free subscription to MozyHome Unlimited account by 11:59 p.m. Pacific, March 31, 2010.
- MozyHome Unlimited Customer – If you’re currently using MozyHome Unlimited, all you have to do is add an additional computer to your MozyHome Unlimited account by 11:59 p.m. Pacific, March 31, 2010.
- MozyPro Customer – If you’re currently using MozyPro, all you have to do is add an additional desktop or server license to your MozyPro account by 11:59 p.m. Pacific, March 31, 2010.
In each of these entry categories we’ll be giving away:
- (1) Grand prize = $1,000 Visa gift card
- (1) Second prize = $500 Best Buy gift card
- (1) Third prize = $100 Borders gift card
*You all know what I’m talking about.
**Open to US residents only.
***No purchase necessary, see Contest Terms and Conditions for details.
One of the things we hear about a lot is that customers want to do more with their data than just back it up. Well, today Comcast is announcing the release of Secure Backup & Share, an easy and safe way for customers to share and preserve their digital files. This service is awesome for multiple reasons, including:
- Data backup – Comcast customers will be able to back up their essential files to a remote, secure location via the Internet. All Comcast customers will receive a complementary 2GB account with their subscription, with additional storage plans available.
- Online access – Comcast customers’ backed-up files can be accessed and restored via the Internet – any time, anywhere.
- Sharing – Once their data is backed up, users will be able to share photos, documents, music, and videos with family and friends via an easy-to-use dashboard that’s available across multiple devices.
- One more thing – did we mention that this new service is powered by Mozy?
We’re thrilled to be able to partner with an industry giant like Comcast, and we’re looking forward to being able to provide the peace of mind and convenience of online data backup and sharing to their 15 million customers, starting today.
Q. So what do you get when you cross Cox Business’ awesome high-speed business class Internet products with Mozy Online Backup?
A. Cox Business Online Backup, of course!
So here’s the skinny – Cox will be offering complimentary online backup service to Cox Business Internet subscribers. Businesses will receive between 2 GB and 10 GB of online backup storage space, based on their speed of Internet service and can purchase additional capacity if needed (and if you don’t currently subscribe to Cox Business Internet, don’t worry! You can still get Cox Business Online Backup, it’s just a la carte.)
“Cox Business Online Backup powered by Mozy provides the security and flexibility indicative of a business solution and is a compelling alternative to external hard drives and stacks of CDs cluttering the desktop,” said Kristine Faulkner, vice president, product development and management, Cox Business. “Cox Business is taking another important step in combining business-class broadband speed and applications.” To that, we say huzzah!
Cox has already made Cox Business Backup available in their Southern VA markets (including Roanoke and Hampton Roads) with plans to release it in their other markets next year. We here at Mozy are thrilled to be able to work with Cox to provide safe, secure, easy to use online backup to their nearly 250,000 small business subscribers!
To learn more about our partnership with Cox Business, check out our press release, or listen to the Cox Business Report Podcast’s interview with iJustine!
Your holiday gift-giving list can add up quickly, so keep it simple this year: Help others protect their holiday photos, videos, and new computers with MozyHome Unlimited and we’ll throw in a gift just for you.
Now through January 10, 2010, receive a $25 online gift card for yourself when 2 of your friends or family purchase a MozyHome Unlimited account.
You can use email, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, and more to spread the word about Mozy. Just go to http://mozy.com/holiday to get started.
Best of all — you can use your online gift card however you’d like: get yourself a gift your friends and family didn’t get you or get a gift for a friend — it’s up to you.
Additionally, if you are a MozyHome Free user, you can earn an extra 512 MB of backup space for you AND your friend when they start backing up. That’s enough space to back up 250,000 text email messages, 300 photos or 100 MP3 files! Log into your account at https://mozy.com/login and click the Referrals link on the left for more information.
Here at Mozy we have a lot of exceptional employees and today we are excited to congratulate one in particular for his hard work. He is a great example of what makes Mozy awesome!
This week Mozy won the Best use of Twitter award at this year’s Utah Social Media Awards from among 225 nominees. We credit Nate Karchtner from the Mozy marketing team for his continued creativity and innovative approaches to working behind the @Mozy Twitter handle. He helps Mozy engage with its customers and the tech community at large.
Nate started @Mozy in 2008, as an additional channel of communication and masterminded contests such as Free Account Friday and Guess the Prize. His work helping customers via Twitter has also been recognized in InfoWorld.
Nate has some great new ideas and plenty more excitement coming soon, so we encourage you to join the 6,000+ users following us on Twitter here. Additionally, check out Nate’s work on the Mozy Facebook fan page here.
UPDATE: Due to some circumstances beyond our control, we’ve had to discontinue the contest, but look for it to make a reappearance at a future time.
Yeah, that’s a scary face. And just like the picture above, data loss is scary too! Just how scary? You show us!
Turns out we’re giving three $50 cash prizes to the owners of the scariest data loss faces. And if you’d rather spin us a nightmarish tale of your own data loss, we’ve got three $50 prizes for that too! Here’s how to enter:
- Snap a picture of your scariest “I just lost all my data” face (original photos only) and/or write up your non-fiction data loss story in 200 words or less.
- Send your submission to email@example.com by October 25, 2009. Please include your name, age (we won’t post it), and city/state.
- Six winners (3 photos, 3 stories) will be announced the week of Halloween and will each receive $50 cash.
You can get more info and check out submissions here!
Good luck, and be safe!
We here at Mozy are excited to announce a new partnership with Vodafone! Vodafone is the world’s largest international mobile telecom company, with mobile networks in over 70 countries (including a 45% stake in US telecom giant Verizon Wireless), more than 300 million customers, and over $60 billion in annual revenues. They will be introducing a range of business and consumer personal cloud services that are built on Decho’s Mozy online backup service. They’ll initially launch with a PC backup and data management service that will allow customers to protect, access, organize, and share their data. This service will be launched across a number of Vodafone’s European markets throughout the rest of the year.
This partnership, along with our partnerships with China Telecom and McAfee, highlight the emergence of “the personal cloud,” a phrase coined by Frank Gillett of Forrester (subscription required) to mean the movement of individuals’ personal data into the cloud, where they’ll be able to monitor, safeguard, and use their data anytime, anywhere. It’s an exciting revolution in the way we interact with our information, and we’re thrilled to be at the forefront.