Our annual “Frightful Computer Haiku Contest” is back. If you have submitted before and haven’t won, now’s your chance! The third time’s the charm, right? Comment on this post with your haiku to enter to win $200!
Haven’t written a haiku since 3rd grade? Don’t worry, it’s easy to do. Haikus are composed of three lines. Line one is five syllables, line two is seven syllables, and line three is five syllables. Haikus that don’t meet this criteria will be disqualified, so make sure your haiku has the right arrangement of syllables.
Here is an example:
I now understand
why hard drives and coffee mugs
don’t mix very well
Our four favorites will win, and here are the prizes you could earn:
- Grand prize: $200 Amazon.com gift card
- Three runners up will receive $50 Amazon.com gift cards.
- We’ll also select a few honorable mentions, who will win a Mozy Saved My Bacon frisbee.
- The winning haikus will also be featured on our Facebook page and Twitter account.
To enter: Simply comment on this post with your frightful computer haiku.
- Your haiku must be original. Don’t just copy one of the ones someone submitted last time (or this time), because that’s just lame. And we will be checking.
- Your haiku must be awesome, but this goes without saying.
- One entry per person. Please do not submit the same haiku over and over again.
- Submit your haiku by Oct. 31, 11:59 PM MDT. Winners will be announced on Friday, Nov. 1.
That’s it! Pretty easy, right? So get your haiku on and submit away! Like this contest? Click here to tweet it!