For the first time since 2006, we’re adjusting the price of our MozyHome service. As part of this change, we’re replacing our Unlimited backup plan. The backup market has changed since we introduced MozyHome Unlimited in 2006, and our new plans are designed to help us continue serving the data protection needs of our customers.
Tag Archives: Announcement
Mozy and Cisco announced today that they have developed a joint solution to provide data protection through online backup to Cisco Smart Storage devices. Mozy for Cisco Smart Storage is now available as an integrated solution on the NSS 300 family of Cisco devices. Through the Smart Storage device, Cisco customers can now add online backup, powered by Mozy, a low-cost strategy for making sure data is accessible, protected and able to be restored when and where it’s needed.
Two Layers of Data Protection
With the Cisco network-attached storage device (NAS), you can easily create a localized storage system as well as an offsite backup for disaster recovery and data protection. Simply select the files you’d like to store on your device as well as online in Mozy’s secure global datacenters. Adding online backup to your NAS device means you’ll now have two layers of redundant data protection, keeping your information secure and available where and when you need it.
Integrated for enhanced ease of use
Mozy online backup is integrated into your Cisco Smart Storage device, so no download is necessary. To activate, go the Backup menu of the Cisco Smart Storage interface, select the Mozy icon to get started. Various plans are available for purchase starting as low as $145 annually.
How to buy
Want to get started using Mozy for Cisco Smart Storage? Select the Backup icon on the Smart Storage device to be walked through the purchase process. Don’t have a device? Contact your local Cisco reseller to purchase the NSS300 with a side order of Mozy online backup. Find a Cisco reseller in your area here.
Need more information?
Contact the Mozy for Cisco Smart Storage team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for any Cisco/Mozy-related question.
One of the things we hear about a lot is that customers want to do more with their data than just back it up. Well, today Comcast is announcing the release of Secure Backup & Share, an easy and safe way for customers to share and preserve their digital files. This service is awesome for multiple reasons, including:
- Data backup – Comcast customers will be able to back up their essential files to a remote, secure location via the Internet. All Comcast customers will receive a complementary 2GB account with their subscription, with additional storage plans available.
- Online access – Comcast customers’ backed-up files can be accessed and restored via the Internet – any time, anywhere.
- Sharing – Once their data is backed up, users will be able to share photos, documents, music, and videos with family and friends via an easy-to-use dashboard that’s available across multiple devices.
- One more thing – did we mention that this new service is powered by Mozy?
We’re thrilled to be able to partner with an industry giant like Comcast, and we’re looking forward to being able to provide the peace of mind and convenience of online data backup and sharing to their 15 million customers, starting today.
For the past few months, we’ve been giving away free MozyHome accounts on Twitter via a simple contest – we call it Mozy Free Account Friday.
It’s been pretty popular (after all, it’s hard to beat free), so we’ve decided to expand the contest to Facebook. After all, Facebook users need love (and backup) too!
So starting tomorrow, we’ll be giving away a FREE 1-year MozyHome subscription ($54.45 value!) to a randomly chosen entrant each Friday. Sounds great, right? Well it is! So here’s how it will work – in order to be considered you must:
- Be a fan of Mozy at the time of the giveaway.
- At some point between 12:00 AM MST and 11:59 PM MST Friday, you must post the following message (or words to this effect):
I just entered Mozy Free Account Friday to win a free year of unlimited online backup! You can win too! Just become a fan of Mozy, post this message in your status, and let Mozy know you’re entered on their fan page! (for more info, check out http://bit.ly/dM9qs)
- I’ll have a status message posted at 12:00 AM MST Friday on the Mozy fan page. Simply comment on that status to let me know you’re entered!
You can enter the Facebook and Twitter contests once per week. We’ll announce the winner the following Monday. Good luck, and be safe!
UPDATE: In order to verify your compliance with all the requirements should you win, I’ll be briefly friending you. Just so you know.
From your first family photo as a mother to last year’s tax return, your computers are full of irreplaceable photos, videos, and documents. There just aren’t enough hours in the day to do everything you do and manage your own backup system. Mozy wants to let you know that we have your backup.
During the month of June, you will be able to choose a free T-shirt or onesie for signing up for an unlimited MozyHome account. If Mozy is already automatically backing up your files, you can still get a shirt or onesie by posting a message about Mozy to your blog.
For more details, go to mozy.com/moms.
Yesterday CNET named Mozy the 2009 CNET Webware 100 winner in the Infrastructure & Storage category. The Webware 100 Award honors the people’s choice in the best sites and services available today.
We thank each Mozy customer who voted for Mozy and helped us win the award. After more than 6,000 nominations for inclusion in the Webware 100, the CNET editors narrowed the nominations to 300 in each category. From this list, web users voted more than 600,000 times to select the top 10 products from each category.
The award points to Mozy’s popularity and leadership in the online backup market. We won the award because of the support of our great customers, and we thank our customers for their enthusiasm.
Yesterday we were thrilled to announce triple-digit growth in the number of healthcare organizations adopting MozyPro over the past year. We believe that the primary drivers of this growth include economic pressures, the growing trend towards digitized health records, the sheer amount of digital information being accumulated by healthcare providers and compliance with government regulation.
Like any business, healthcare providers are not immune to economic headwinds and are also being forced to reduce budgets and do more with fewer resources. MozyPro online backup offers secure, automated backup at an affordable price, which frees up valuable resources to focus on more important things—like managing your business.
In our announcement, we shared a few customer stories such as that of Dr. Wayne T. Faber of Tenafly Dental Associates in Tenafly, New Jersey who realized a 97 percent savings in backup costs after switching to MozyPro. For more information or to read the full customer stories, visit www.mozy.com/healthcare.
Individual medical records once stored in filing cabinets are now being digitized and stored as electronic health records (EHRs). As part of the recently passed economic stimulus bill, the HITECH Act encourages healthcare providers to move to EHRs and provides financial incentives for doing so. Compliance with government regulation is also critical, and MozyPro helps healthcare providers become compliant with both the HIPPA Privacy and HIPAA Security Rules.
This will result in unprecedented amounts of digital patient information being generated in the coming years, which also needs to be protected and securely backed up. With over 15 petabytes of data currently under management, Decho is one of a handful of trusted companies in the world that has experience securely managing data at such a massive scale. To put 15 petabytes in perspective, Decho stores 750x the digitized content of the Library of Congress! That’s a lot of data.
Recently Webware, part of the CNET community, posted finalists for the Webware 100 awards and Mozy was chosen as a finalist! We’d be honored if you took a minute to show your love and give your props for Mozy before voting closes on April 30. It’s easy to vote and no registration is required. Just go here to vote.
As mentioned in our previous blog post, we’ve had a big announcement to make, and, well, the time has come! Earlier this year, we reached 1 million Mozy customers! To celebrate this significant milestone, we decided to find our millionth customer and give them a warm Mozy "thank you."
Our search took us out to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where we met up with our very own spokesperson iJustine to surprise Nathan Kletzing, our millionth customer, with a massive Mozy prize! Here’s her video of the event-
So congrats to Nathan and his wife. Enjoy a million seconds of peace together, as you take an all-expenses-paid 7-day cruise to Mexico on us , comfortable in the knowledge that while you’re away, all your data is backed up with Mozy!
P.S. Be sure to check out our previous blog post for winners of the Guess The Prize contest!
We passed a major milestone earlier this year, and now one lucky customer will be receiving a massive Mozy prize to celebrate!
What is the prize, you ask? Well, that’s the catch. We’re not going to announce it right now. Instead, we’ll be publishing a series of clues on this blog and on our Twitter feed over the next couple of days that point towards what the massive prize is. The first three people to correctly guess what the massive prize is will receive an iPod Touch courtesy of Mozy! Just email your guesses to email@example.com . Good luck, Sherlock!
- First Clue – Julee Cruise is the artist.
- +39° 36′ 13.00", -78° 44′ 34.00" – Mexico , Alleghany County, Maryland.
- http://www.lore-and-saga.co.uk/html/dice.html – Mia is also obscurely known as Mexican .
- 37.629731,-77.515989 – Henrico County, Virginia, site of the 7 Days Battles in the US Civil War
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Jo1gH89VM – Trailer from the film "American Graffiti ," where teens spend a night cruising .
- E115 – The atomic number for ununpentium , the radioactive element that makes time travel possible in the TV show Seven Days .
- Classic Midway Driver – Cruisin ‘ USA
- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/6166367.stm – the ship being rescued was the Mexico .
- http://is.gd/sqrU – URL had two "sevens" in it – http://www.nypost.com/seven /seven .htm
- http://is.gd/srHx – Clip from the movie "Rejs," translated into English as "The Cruise ."
- http://is.gd/ss6S – The photo on the album cover is of the famous Black Panther Salute from the 1968 Mexico City Olympics
- http://is.gd/ssjp – Photographer references a seven days break
- John Houseman – A good friend of Orson Welles, one of his (uncredited) roles was in the film "Seven Days in May ".
- 38.226600, -112.299072 – Cruise missile caught in flight on Google Maps.
- kwanzaa – a seven-day long celebration.
Winners: We only had one winner who got all required elements of the guess correct -Eric Nagel. Congrats! If you didn’t win, stay tuned because there will absolutely be more contests in the near future!