Tag Archives: Contest
I just stuck my head out the window, and to quote John Madden, “it’s hittin’ weather.” And if it’s “hittin’ weather,” it can mean that we’ve just been charged with a misdemeanor, or it’s time for some for football. Here at Mozy, we love four things:
- Backing up our customer’s important data
- A warm crepe, the New York Times and a 1963 Chianti
- Hall & Oates 1982 masterwork “H20”
- Fantasy Football
In fact, we’re so excited for the upcoming football season that we want to involve twelve of you to join us in a season long, fantasy football-fest. We’ll be running the league from our corporate offices, and have twelve openings for team managers. Email us at email@example.com and let us know why we should select you for one of these twelve coveted spots as well as letting us know which NFL team you root for. We’re picking the participants on Tuesday, so make sure you email us before then (automatic snake draft happens on Wednesday). And remember, we will only select the most dedicated, ferociously feverish fans to join us.
The winner will receive bragging rights and the following prize package:
- 200,000 Delta SkyMiles to fly to any NFL game, anywhere in the WORLD Delta flies
- An official NFL jersey of your choice. Signed by Mozy!
- Some free Mozy accountage
- A hearty slap on the back
There will also be occasional weekly prizes for those teams that feature great performances by backup players, killer stats from the bench, or other incredible feats.
Why are we doing this, you ask? Well, besides the fact that both football and Mozy are awesome, we love backups of all types. In fact, some of our favorite backups are in the NFL. Chester Taylor, Felix Jones, Mark Brunell, and our own personal favorite, Sage Rosefels. One day you backups will rise up and dominate! Just like our own Mozy backups do.
So what are you waiting for? Request your own team and get ready to travel the world with your newfound fame.
FINAL UPDATE: The contest has concluded. Winners are as follows:
1TB drive and free year of Mozy
Free Mozy T-shirt
For more information on how the contest ended up, check out the Mozy 2.0 Twitter Contest Leaderboard.
To celebrate the release of Mozy 2.0 for Windows, we’re having a trivia contest! For the next week, we’ll be asking a series of trivia questions based on the theme of “All things 2.0.” We’ve gotten creative with our trivia, so get ready for some craziness! Here’s how it’ll work:
- The contest starts today, May 18, at noon MST. After that, we’ll be asking one question an hour via our Twitter account, from 10 AM MST to 4 PM MST every day for a week. (If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can sign up for one here.)
- The first person to tweet to @mozy with the correct answer(s) to our question will receive 5 points. The second person to guess the correct answer will get 1 point.
- Answers must be tagged with the hashtag #mozy2 to be valid.
- The contest will run for one week, so it ends on May 24 at 11:59 PM MST.
- At that time, we’ll tally up the scores and the people with the top 3 point totals will get a 1TB external hard drive to use with Mozy’s new 2xProtect as well as a free year of Mozy!
Feel free to post questions in the comments. Good luck, and be safe!
UPDATE: We’ll now be posting trivia questions outside of the 10-4 MST window so that everyone can participate. Just look for posts with the #mozy2 tag.
UPDATE: The leaderboard is live! We’ll also be throwing some schwag out for random participants, so even if you don’t win the points competition, you could still pick up some awesome Mozy stuff!
Like it or not, March Madness is upon us. That’s right, we’re into week two of watching so much basketball that our eyes are bleeding. And what will we have to show for it, when all is said and done? For most of us, the answer is maybe a few bucks for a winning bracket and heartburn from all the nacho cheese we’ve consumed over the past few weeks. But what if you could walk away with $1000 and the peace of mind of knowing that even if your team loses and you go on a half-crazed rampage through your house and inadvertently take a sledgehammer to your computer, all your stuff is backed up?
We’re here to make that a reality (the thousand bucks and peace, not the rampage) with the Mozy March Madness Sweepstakes! There are three ways to enter:
- MozyHome Free Customer – If you’re currently using MozyHome Free, all you have to do is upgrade your existing free subscription to MozyHome Unlimited account by 11:59 p.m. Pacific, March 31, 2010.
- MozyHome Unlimited Customer – If you’re currently using MozyHome Unlimited, all you have to do is add an additional computer to your MozyHome Unlimited account by 11:59 p.m. Pacific, March 31, 2010.
- MozyPro Customer – If you’re currently using MozyPro, all you have to do is add an additional desktop or server license to your MozyPro account by 11:59 p.m. Pacific, March 31, 2010.
In each of these entry categories we’ll be giving away:
- (1) Grand prize = $1,000 Visa gift card
- (1) Second prize = $500 Best Buy gift card
- (1) Third prize = $100 Borders gift card
*You all know what I’m talking about.
**Open to US residents only.
***No purchase necessary, see Contest Terms and Conditions for details.
UPDATE: Due to some circumstances beyond our control, we’ve had to discontinue the contest, but look for it to make a reappearance at a future time.
Yeah, that’s a scary face. And just like the picture above, data loss is scary too! Just how scary? You show us!
Turns out we’re giving three $50 cash prizes to the owners of the scariest data loss faces. And if you’d rather spin us a nightmarish tale of your own data loss, we’ve got three $50 prizes for that too! Here’s how to enter:
- Snap a picture of your scariest “I just lost all my data” face (original photos only) and/or write up your non-fiction data loss story in 200 words or less.
- Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 25, 2009. Please include your name, age (we won’t post it), and city/state.
- Six winners (3 photos, 3 stories) will be announced the week of Halloween and will each receive $50 cash.
You can get more info and check out submissions here!
Good luck, and be safe!
For the past few months, we’ve been giving away free MozyHome accounts on Twitter via a simple contest – we call it Mozy Free Account Friday.
It’s been pretty popular (after all, it’s hard to beat free), so we’ve decided to expand the contest to Facebook. After all, Facebook users need love (and backup) too!
So starting tomorrow, we’ll be giving away a FREE 1-year MozyHome subscription ($54.45 value!) to a randomly chosen entrant each Friday. Sounds great, right? Well it is! So here’s how it will work – in order to be considered you must:
- Be a fan of Mozy at the time of the giveaway.
- At some point between 12:00 AM MST and 11:59 PM MST Friday, you must post the following message (or words to this effect):
I just entered Mozy Free Account Friday to win a free year of unlimited online backup! You can win too! Just become a fan of Mozy, post this message in your status, and let Mozy know you’re entered on their fan page! (for more info, check out http://bit.ly/dM9qs)
- I’ll have a status message posted at 12:00 AM MST Friday on the Mozy fan page. Simply comment on that status to let me know you’re entered!
You can enter the Facebook and Twitter contests once per week. We’ll announce the winner the following Monday. Good luck, and be safe!
UPDATE: In order to verify your compliance with all the requirements should you win, I’ll be briefly friending you. Just so you know.
As mentioned in our previous blog post, we’ve had a big announcement to make, and, well, the time has come! Earlier this year, we reached 1 million Mozy customers! To celebrate this significant milestone, we decided to find our millionth customer and give them a warm Mozy "thank you."
Our search took us out to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where we met up with our very own spokesperson iJustine to surprise Nathan Kletzing, our millionth customer, with a massive Mozy prize! Here’s her video of the event-
So congrats to Nathan and his wife. Enjoy a million seconds of peace together, as you take an all-expenses-paid 7-day cruise to Mexico on us , comfortable in the knowledge that while you’re away, all your data is backed up with Mozy!
P.S. Be sure to check out our previous blog post for winners of the Guess The Prize contest!
We passed a major milestone earlier this year, and now one lucky customer will be receiving a massive Mozy prize to celebrate!
What is the prize, you ask? Well, that’s the catch. We’re not going to announce it right now. Instead, we’ll be publishing a series of clues on this blog and on our Twitter feed over the next couple of days that point towards what the massive prize is. The first three people to correctly guess what the massive prize is will receive an iPod Touch courtesy of Mozy! Just email your guesses to email@example.com . Good luck, Sherlock!
- First Clue – Julee Cruise is the artist.
- +39° 36′ 13.00", -78° 44′ 34.00" – Mexico , Alleghany County, Maryland.
- http://www.lore-and-saga.co.uk/html/dice.html – Mia is also obscurely known as Mexican .
- 37.629731,-77.515989 – Henrico County, Virginia, site of the 7 Days Battles in the US Civil War
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Jo1gH89VM – Trailer from the film "American Graffiti ," where teens spend a night cruising .
- E115 – The atomic number for ununpentium , the radioactive element that makes time travel possible in the TV show Seven Days .
- Classic Midway Driver – Cruisin ‘ USA
- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/6166367.stm – the ship being rescued was the Mexico .
- http://is.gd/sqrU – URL had two "sevens" in it – http://www.nypost.com/seven /seven .htm
- http://is.gd/srHx – Clip from the movie "Rejs," translated into English as "The Cruise ."
- http://is.gd/ss6S – The photo on the album cover is of the famous Black Panther Salute from the 1968 Mexico City Olympics
- http://is.gd/ssjp – Photographer references a seven days break
- John Houseman – A good friend of Orson Welles, one of his (uncredited) roles was in the film "Seven Days in May ".
- 38.226600, -112.299072 – Cruise missile caught in flight on Google Maps.
- kwanzaa – a seven-day long celebration.
Winners: We only had one winner who got all required elements of the guess correct -Eric Nagel. Congrats! If you didn’t win, stay tuned because there will absolutely be more contests in the near future!
Back late last year, we decided it would be a good idea to start paying attention to Twitter. Well, since then, we’ve been able to help clients out by using Twitter to announce new versions of our clients , provide a direct channel for customers to get support , offer tips for using Mozy , and mention blog posts and other useful resources . We’ve even gotten a couple of kind mentions !
With that said, we’re trying something new. Starting tomorrow at 12:01 MST, we’ll be having Mozy Twitter Free Account Friday! That’s right, we will be giving one lucky @mozy follower a FREE MozyHome unlimited account good for 1 year of UNLIMITED backup! If you already have a MozyHome Unlimited account, we’ll just extend your account out a year, for free! All you have to do is meet the following requirements:
- You must be following Mozy before 11:59 PM Friday evening.
- Sometime between 12:01 AM MST Friday morning and 11:59 PM MST Friday evening, you must retweet the following message: Just entered the Mozy Free Account Friday contest! You can win by following @mozy and RT! http://bit.ly/d14MEp #mozyfaf
That’s it! We’ll tweet out the winner this coming Monday. Good luck!
Back in November of 2008, we announced a video contest asking for people to show us their worst computer nightmares. Maybe it was the awesome prizes (iPods, video cameras, and a trip to Hawaii), or just people’s innate desire to tell an awesome computer horror story. Either way, we received 52 awesome videos detailing everything from a dog with an overactive bladder to a murderous Mac.
After a public round of voting to determine the finalists and an internal company vote to determine the prize winners, we are proud to announce the winners of the My Computer Nightmare Video Contest. Here’s the Grand Prize winner, Tom Anderle, with his submission Don’t Anger Clippy:
To see the rest of the winners, visit http://mozy.com/computernightmare or check them out at the Mozy YouTube channel! And don’t forget to protect yourself from your own computer nightmare with Mozy Online Backup!