In December we released Mac Client 2.9 and are very proud of the improvements made in this version and in the great community feedback we’ve gotten. The newest Mac Client includes:
- Awesome performance increases
- More courteous resource handling – if you’re running another process that needs more memory or CPU, Mozy automatically backs off until your system has less going on.
- Large file CPU optimizations are much kinder to your Mac when backing up large files
- Better file scanning so that a file won’t be re-uploaded for backup if only metadata changed
- Pausing a backup is honored much more quickly
- Day-by-day backup speed throttling. Want to limit bandwidth use on weekdays? No prob, Mac Client Settings let you control how much bandwidth Mozy uses on each day.
- AES Encryption for all files encrypted with a private key – Mozy security gets better and better!
- Mountain Lion Notification Center integration for backup notifications and updates.
- Restore Search – the Mac Restore Client now lets you search for a particular folder or file in addition to the file system navigation options you’ve always enjoyed.
Hear directly from the developers! Listen to an interview with Lance Helsten, team lead on the Mozy for Mac developer team.
If you’re using a pre-2.9 release of the Mac Mozy client, you’re going to want to upgrade right away to enjoy all of these new features and performance enhancements. Get it now at http://mozy.com/download/