Two years ago, we laughed and we cried as we read through your submissions in our first edition of the “Frightful Computer Haiku Contest”. This year, we’re bringing the contest back. We want your scary computer related haikus! Comment on this post with your haiku to enter to win $50!
Need a refresher on how to create a haiku? It’s simple. Line one is five syllables, line two is seven syllables, and line three is five syllables. If you need to, you can make sure your haiku has the right arrangement of syllables using haikuchecker.com.
Here is an example:
My awesome laptop
Had no chance in a fight with
My neighbor’s dumb cat
We’ll choose our four favorites, and here are the prizes you could win:
- Grand prize: $50 Amazon.com gift card
- Three runners up will receive $25 Amazon.com gift cards.
- The winning haikus will also be featured on our Facebook page and Twitter account.
To enter: Simply comment on your post with your frightful computer haiku.
- Your haiku must be original. Don’t just copy one of the ones someone submitted last time (or this time), because that’s just lame. And we will be checking.
- Your haiku must be awesome, but this goes without saying.
- One entry per person. Please do not submit the same haiku over and over again.
- Submit your haiku by Oct. 26, 11:59 PM MDT. Winners will be announced on Monday, Oct. 29.
That’s it! Pretty easy, right? So get your haiku on and submit away! Like this contest? Click here to tweet it!