What do you get after research, testing, and valuable feedback from the best customers around? Good looks and improved performance! While it’s true that Mozy’s web interface has been updated and streamlined, there’s more to the changes than a new look. Performance is better than ever. You might have thought that finding and accessing your files couldn’t get easier, but leave it to Mozy to do just that.
Here’s what to expect when you download a file or restore your entire backup:
- All capabilities from the previous version have been retained, though some have new names or locations—with one exception. The important actions and links from the Dashboard Summary tab have been moved to the new Account options menu, which appears when you click or tap your user name.
- Emergency Restore is now named Restore All Files. When you want to restore all files from any backed-up device, just select the device, and then in the Actions pane click Restore All Files. It’s that easy.
- Download History also has a new name: Event History, which you can see by clicking Event History in the new Account options menu.
- Notifications are now available by clicking the badge adjacent to your user name. Note that the badge appears only when new notifications are available. In addition, you can now choose to view the page in the default light theme or a new dark theme. Simply click Preferences in the new Account options menu.
- Are you using Mozy Sync? Now you can set your start page to be either the Devices tab or the Synced tab by clicking Preferences in the new Account options menu. (By the way, if you’re not using Mozy Sync, you should be! Mozy Sync lets you access your files quickly and easily from all your devices. What could be better than that? Learn more about Mozy Sync.
We’d love to hear your experience with the new interface. Let us know what you think.