The Mozy Privacy Commitment
Our job is to help you protect your personal information. In order to do that, we operate our business on the following principles:
- Your information is your information, not our information.
- We never sell your information to anyone, nor do we sell information about you.
- We never share your information with anyone unless you explicitly tell us to.
- We never sift through your information in order to create a profile of you or target advertising.
- You can always get your information back. We have no rights to your information if you leave the service.
Taking Security Seriously
At Mozy, we recognize that security requires an appreciation and understanding of how people, process, technology, and organizational design all interact among themselves to create that complex mix of elements and issues that security really is. We protect the interests of our customers and business by creating and operating a holistic program focused on the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of company and customer systems and data.
- Aligned with ISO/IEC 27001: Mozy aligns its security approach with the comprehensive ISO/IEC 27001 security standard.
- Holistic Program: We believe that the security of the whole is equally important to the security of each component.
- Regulatory Compliance: Regulations exist to ensure that the right things are done, and we make every effort to ensure that this is true by integrating compliance with key provisions (e.g. HIPAA, PCI DSS) into our holistic approach.
Protecting Your Information
We use strict security policies, military-grade encryption, and world-class data centers to protect your information, including:
Encryption: Your information is always encrypted before being sent to our data centers and while stored there.
- SSL encryption: The same technology used by banks secures your data during the backup process.
- AES/Blowfish: Choose Mozy’s encryption key using 448-bit Blowfish or manage your own key using military-grade 256-bit AES to secure your data during storage.
World-class data centers: All data centers employ state-of-the-art physical and technical security and are SAS70 certified.
Backed by EMC: With over $13 billion of revenue, EMC stores and protects more information for the Fortune 500 than any other company.