We are once again proud to announce another Mozy for Mac release. Here are a few highlights from this latest release:
- Memory and performance improvements – Making choices about which files to back up should be very fast. Backups start more quickly and use a limited amount of memory.
- No longer depends on Spotlight – We now search for files using our own technology in order to avoid some inconsistencies in Apple’s.
- Better support for Snow Leopard – We’ve added a file scanning progress indicator, and warnings when a backup is started before the client is fully configured and when changes might be lost when the configuration is closed without saving.
- Translated into 9 non-English languages – German, Greek, British English, Castillian Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Slovenian. If you have chosen one of those languages in System Preferences, Mozy will use it automatically.
- Other compatibility, stability and performance improvements.
To see the full release notes and download the new client version, check out our update sections for MozyHome and MozyPro. Please note that you don’t have to download and install the new client manually, as your old client will auto-update.
Finally, we are constantly looking for ways to improve Mozy, so if you have any comments or suggestions, please email us at email@example.com!