Here at Mozy, we’re proud of our Mac legacy. We were the first online backup company to offer online backup to Mac, and we’re still dedicated to providing the very best online backup experience that you can get on your Apple computer. So with that said, we’re excited to announce our latest Mac client release: Mozy 2.0 for Mac! This release includes:
- An all-new design that fits seamlessly with the overall Apple user experience.
- A new and better settings and configuration experience.
- An easy on/off switch for automatic backups
- A new query builder to make creating advanced backup rules incredibly easy.
- A new and improved setup assistant to make your Mozy install even simpler.
- Additional information is now available in the status bar menu – things like the ability to see the last 20 files that were backed up and the next 20 files to be backed up – all with the click of your mouse.
- Better file scanning leveraging the existing awesomeness of the Leopard and Snow Leopard OS.
- Overall speed and stability improvements.
- And much, much more!
So go ahead and check out the download link, or just wait for your client to autoupdate, and enjoy the new awesomeness that is Mozy 2.0 for Mac:
MozyHome 2.0 for Mac
MozyPro 2.0 for Mac
You can learn more about the Mozy 2.0 for Mac release at our Mozy 2.0 for Mac page. As always, we welcome your feedback and questions, so feel free to post a comment or submit to the Mozy Customer Portal.
Thanks for backing up with us, and be safe!
In order to make the perfect Mozy employee, there are a few key ingredients that are required. The finished recipe is perfect for an award-winning workplace ensemble, with satisfaction guaranteed:
1. 3 quarts of Execution – This brings out the favorable taste of design, development and delivery
2. 2 cups of Quality – This adds a perfect feel of professionalism, excellence, and customer focus.
3. 1/2 lb. Work Hard Play Hard Attitude – enough said.
4. 2 tablespoons of Innovation – This adds a necessary guilt-free sense of pride to the mix.
5. A pinch of Awesomeness – Although it’s just a pinch, expect huge results.
6. 8 ounces of Teamwork – The heart of the recipe (adds a twist to the taste).
7. A dash of Fearlessness – This plays a major role in the texture.
8. 4 teaspoons of Leadership – Gives the highly driven and respected look to the recipe.
9. A sprinkle of Rock Band ability – The overall outcome will be very bland without this ingredient.
Mix together and chill.
If this sounds like you, come work with us! Mozy was featured as one of Utah’s Best Companies to Work For by Utah Business Magazine in both 2009 and 2010, and we offer competitive salaries and great benefits.
Mozy has immediate opportunities for:
· Principle Software Engineer
· Senior Software Engineer
· Software Engineer
· Senior Technical Analyst
· Senior Software QA Engineer
· QA Engineer
· Systems Administration
· Financial Analyst
· Helpdesk Support Specialist
To learn more, go to http://mozy.com/careers
In 2009 Mozy was voted one of the best companies to work for in the state of Utah. I’m pleased to announce that we’ve been recognized again for 2010! The details will be in the December issue of Utah Business Magazine. The following are some of our company values that have helped us get to this point along with a few specific examples of how they’ve been put into action:
- Customers first – Here’s a quote from a recent interaction between our support team and one of our customers:
“I just want to let Mozy know how absolutely fantastic it was to deal with Jessica at your Live Chat center. I am a techno idiot and she was extremely patient and reassuring. She went way above and beyond to help with with my issues. One of my most dreaded tasks (even more than going to the dentist or doctor) is contacting tech support. This is the first time I did so without having a homicidal ideation.”
- Innovation – Check out my last post about innovation as well as the one about our open source projects. We’re working on some great innovative stuff here and promising even more in the pipeline!
- Quality – We use Net Promoter score as one of our indicators for customer satisfaction with our products. When we introduced our Win 2.0 client we saw a material increase in our Net Promoter scores. In addition to the streamlined user interface and faster upload speeds, the overall quality of the release has helped increase our customer satisfaction. Yeah for Mozy Win 2.0! P.S. – Did you know we’re working on a Mac 2.0 release right now too? Stay tuned!
- Teamwork – Since there are a few of us who like to ride bikes at Mozy we made some jerseys and wore them as we rode in this year’s Utah Lake Century Epic Ride (ULCER). We enjoyed that pain so much that a few of us created our own biathlon event this Fall. We rode our bikes from the Mozy office in Pleasant Grove to the Timpooneke trailhead at the base of Mount Timpanogos. We left our bikes with one of our team members while we hiked/ran to the top (11,749 feet) and then ran back down. We then rode our bike up and over the scenic byway called the “Alpine Loop” and back to the office. And there are many other examples of Mozy teamwork both in and out of the office.
The things that make Mozy great in Utah are also present across our other locations in Washington, Ireland, the UK and China. All of this comes together to make Mozy an awesome place to work, and the awesomer the workplace, the awesomer the product gets! If you’re interested in working at Mozy, check out our careers page and send us a resume!