As a user of Mozy backup software, you know that the Mozy team is constantly looking for ways to expand our Support offerings. So we’re very excited to announce the launch of our new Support Portal, which is the result of feedback from our customers, industry trends, and other research. In addition to introducing new features such as context-sensitive search and device responsiveness, we’ve also researched ways to make it easier for our enterprise customers to manage large client bases.
Not sure if you’re using the latest Mozy backup software? The Health dashboard (pictured on the left) lets you see how many of your organization’s machines need to be updated with the latest version of Mozy.
Check out these new features:
All Mozy customers
• Task-based structure: We recognize that you are looking for information when you visit the portal. We’ve made that information easier for you to find with our new structure based around the activities for which you want information; for example, restores, account, setup, etc.
• Product filtering: If you are looking for help on a particular product, you don’t want to have that information obscured with information about another product. So, once you are logged in to the portal, the only information you will see will relate to your product. If you want to see other product information, simply change the product filter at the top of the page to the product you are interested in.
• Case collaborators: You can now add one of your colleagues (admins) to a case so that they will also receive any updates on the case to make it easier for an internal help desk to manage their case load.
• Health dashboard: Enterprise admins can now see at a glance how many machines in their install base have had successful or unsuccessful backups. In addition, the Health dashboard allows admins to view how many machines are using the current version of the Mozy backup software and how many need to be updated. You can view a short video of the Health dashboard here.
• Health system: From the dashboard, you can drill down to a list of your machines, filtered by version or status if you want, and from there log a support ticket, request a support chat, search the Mozy Knowledge Base for any errors shown, see the size of the backup, view cases, or analyze the log for a particular machine.
Currently underway is a Mozy Community update, which is scheduled to go live later this year.
To view the new Support Portal, visit http://support.mozy.com/. Be sure to sign in to get the most out of the Support Portal.