Mozy proudly announces Mozy Mac Client version 2.3.1, fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and generally available Monday July 25th.
Now you can combine the advantages of the new Mac OS features like AirDrop, Versions, FileVault 2, and Time Machine with the peace-of-mind that comes with Mozy backup, including:
- Access to your files anywhere at any time through Mozy web, mobile, and tablet apps
- Confidence that your files are safe even if your local Time Machine drive fails
- Premium security, optionally coupled with FileVault encryption
Download the newest Mozy Mac Client.
We are excited to announce that the Mozy iPhone app is now available for MozyPro customers on either the iOS or Android mobile platforms.
As with the previous Mozy mobile app releases for MozyHome customers, MozyPro users can now access their Mozy backed up files from their mobile device. Additionally, they can download the file and use it with other iOS or Android apps that support that file type.
For MozyPro administrators, we understand you need to have control over access. That’s why in this new release, MozyPro admins can enable or disable the app for their organization through the MozyPro Admin Console.
Note If you or your organization encrypts data using a personal key, Mozy is working to add mobile file decryption to an upcoming release.
Get it now
You can find the updated Mozy iPhone app in the iTunes App Store (either from iTunes or your iOS device), and you can either send the Mozy Android app from the Android Market, or access and download the app from the market on your Android device.
Learn more about our Mozy mobile offerings.
Backup Awareness Month: Once a Year Isn’t Enough
June is Computer Backup Awareness Month. At Mozy, we are encouraged that there is a “holiday” about something we obviously consider to be very important. However, backing up files one month a year is a little bit like brushing your teeth just one month a year. In order for it to be effective, it must be done every day, all year round.
If that sounds daunting, it doesn’t have to be. Here’s what we believe at Mozy:
- Backup should be painless. No one wants to spend their whole weekend backing up files. The truth is, if backup takes too long, it won’t get done. You should only need to set up backup once, and then it should work automatically.
- Your files should be secure at all times. Your files should be absolutely secure at all points in the backup process with military-grade security encryption. Your backup program should encrypt your files before they leave your network, and then store them in a secure, remote location that’s only accessible to you.
- Your backups should be smart. Your backup system should be smart enough to back up the files you want, and to only back up new data and parts of a file that have changed. It should even be able to back up open and locked files.
- You should be able to access your files anytime, anywhere. Getting your data back should never be a battle. Whether it’s from your home computer, from work, or traveling to another location, you should be able to access your data from anywhere ‑ easily and securely. After all, it is your data.
- Backup should be constant: You can set the terms for how and when backup should be done, but it must be done regularly and continuously.
A lot happens in a year. Pictures, taxes, your business’ financial statements and reports: all significant documents that must be preserved. One month of being aware isn’t enough. Make sure your backup is working for you every day of the year.
The Mozy Android app is now available!
You can find the app in the Android market (either send the app to your device online or access and download the app from the market on your Android device).
Like the Mozy iOS app, MozyHome users can access their Mozy backed up files from their mobile device. Additionally they can download the file and use it with other Android apps that support the file type.
Three restrictions do apply:
- Only users in the U.S. and Canada can access the Mozy app in the Android market. (A global update is planned to release soon.)
- The Mozy app only works with MozyHome accounts at this time. (An update for MozyPro customers is already under development.)
- If you have opted to encrypt your backups with your own private key, this Android app version cannot decrypt your files.
Learn more about our Mozy mobile offerings.
Today is “virtual moving day” here at Mozy. While our offices and focus remain the same, Mozy employees are transferring as an intact team to VMware from our mutual parent company, EMC. VMware and the Mozy team will continue the full portfolio of Mozy services. In addition, staff from both companies will begin to integrate longer-term development plans central to building and delivering hybrid cloud solutions. EMC retains the Mozy business as it has been delivering it for over four years now. An operational support agreement between EMC and VMware is in place to make this possible and ensure no impact to Mozy customers. We’ve developed a strong partnership with VMware and over these past several months it has become increasingly clear that moving to VMware will allow us to take advantage of and extend the synergies we’ve been building between the companies. VMware and Mozy share a vision for how cloud computing will transform IT and help businesses achieve greater agility. By joining forces, we believe we can accelerate the development of offerings that businesses are looking for.
Mozy customers will experience our service just the same – our service offerings, data centers, and customer support are completely unchanged. Mozy customers can count on us continuing to improve and invest in our existing services. In the future they can also expect greater interoperability between Mozy and VMware environments, and complementary end user and server-related services.
So we’re excited about this “virtual move,” and are confident it will be a very positive one for Mozy customers and the Mozy team. Also, check out what VMware had to say about today’s announcement.
- Charlotte Yarkoni, Mozy COO
We are excited to announce that the Mozy iPhone app is now available on the iTunes App Store!
What can you do with it?
For this first version of the Mozy app, our goal is simple: We want to provide MozyHome customers an app for accessing their files backed up to Mozy. There are some very cool features, such as emailing a file, opening in other applications, and viewing photos or sharing them to Facebook. But we kept the feature set lean because we hope to update frequently based on user feedback. This version is the beginning of something that we plan to update regularly.
You can find the Mozy iPhone app in the iTunes App Store (either from iTunes or your iOS device).
Three restrictions apply:
- The Mozy app is listed in iTunes only for users in the US & Canada. (A global update is planned to release soon.)
- The Mozy app currently only works with MozyHome accounts. (An update for MozyPro customers is already under development.)
- If you have opted to encrypt your backups with your own private key, this version cannot decrypt your files.
Learn more about our Mozy mobile offerings.
Mozy is pleased to announce the following:
- Mozy file sync beta
- Mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android
These two features will allow you to do more with the information that you’ve already backed up to Mozy.
Mozy file sync allows you to synchronize your files across all your computers automatically. No longer will you need to email a copy of a file to yourself, or wait to show off your vacation pictures until you get to your home computer, or even have to rely on USB drives to make your files portable. With Mozy file sync, your files are automatically synced across every device, ready for consumption wherever you are. We are currently looking for Mozy customers (free or paying) to beta test this feature.
With Mozy’s mobile apps, you’ll be able to access your backed up files from your iPhone, iPad or Android device. Browse files or search for a specific file from anywhere. Quickly view photo thumbnails and download the full file in high resolution, right to your mobile device. Email any of your backed up files or photos to friends and family, right from your phone. Using Mozy mobile apps, you’ll be able to access and use your information where and when you need it.
We’ve been using these cool features internally for a few months now and… we’re hooked! Both features will be available to Mozy customers soon. In the meantime, if you’d like to be considered as a candidate for a private beta of the sync feature, or be one of the first to be notified of the Mozy mobile app, please visit http://mozy.com/backup/sync-beta.
This week we announced our new MozyPro Reseller Program. Our new MozyPro reseller program brings new enhancements and tools to MozyPro that will help our resellers better serve their customers while helping them grow their online backup business. These enhancements include:
- A new Mozy Reseller Portal where resellers can sign in with their MozyPro credentials for complete access to help them market, sell, and support their MozyPro business. Visit the portal to learn more. (MozyPro login credentials required.)
- Mozy now gives qualifying resellers the ability to prominently feature their company brand in both the MozyPro client and web system at no additional cost. Learn more >
- The MozyPro Administration Console includes new reporting capabilities that will enable resellers to better manage their customers’ needs in less time.
- The new Mozy Accreditation program gives resellers the ability to receive increasing benefits as their business grows.
We’re excited about these new improvements, and we especially thank our resellers for their continued support and feedback to help make MozyPro better. If you have any questions relating to our Mozy Reseller Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The MozyPro Reseller Team
For the first time since 2006, we’re adjusting the price of our MozyHome service. As part of this change, we’re replacing our Unlimited backup plan. The backup market has changed since we introduced MozyHome Unlimited in 2006, and our new plans are designed to help us continue serving the data protection needs of our customers.
Mozy and Cisco announced today that they have developed a joint solution to provide data protection through online backup to Cisco Smart Storage devices. Mozy for Cisco Smart Storage is now available as an integrated solution on the NSS 300 family of Cisco devices. Through the Smart Storage device, Cisco customers can now add online backup, powered by Mozy, a low-cost strategy for making sure data is accessible, protected and able to be restored when and where it’s needed.
Two Layers of Data Protection
With the Cisco network-attached storage device (NAS), you can easily create a localized storage system as well as an offsite backup for disaster recovery and data protection. Simply select the files you’d like to store on your device as well as online in Mozy’s secure global datacenters. Adding online backup to your NAS device means you’ll now have two layers of redundant data protection, keeping your information secure and available where and when you need it.
Integrated for enhanced ease of use
Mozy online backup is integrated into your Cisco Smart Storage device, so no download is necessary. To activate, go the Backup menu of the Cisco Smart Storage interface, select the Mozy icon to get started. Various plans are available for purchase starting as low as $145 annually.
How to buy
Want to get started using Mozy for Cisco Smart Storage? Select the Backup icon on the Smart Storage device to be walked through the purchase process. Don’t have a device? Contact your local Cisco reseller to purchase the NSS300 with a side order of Mozy online backup. Find a Cisco reseller in your area here.
Need more information?
Contact the Mozy for Cisco Smart Storage team directly at email@example.com for any Cisco/Mozy-related question.