We are once again proud to announce another Mozy Windows client release. Here are a few highlights from this latest release:
- Added support for EFS encrypted files – The client now supports backing up only the portions of the files that have changed for EFS encrypted files, rather than the entire file.
- Improved the speed of launching configuration – When you launch the configuration utility, it now displays much faster than before.
- Added welcome tab in the client configuration – The client configuration window now has a Welcome tab that displays information about how Mozy works, how to select files for backup, and how to perform a restore.
- Added tooltips to the tabs in client configuration – Added pop-up text that displays when a mouse is hovered over a tab (tooltips) in the client Configuration window. The tooltips explain the tasks that can be completed on each tab of the Configuration window.
- Enhanced locked file support – The client now uses Windows Volume Shadow Services (VSS) for all files to prevent locking. This allows files to be used by other applications while they are being backed up.
- Improved the password change flow – Now when you change your password on the Mozy Web site, you are automatically asked to enter your new password when a backup occurs or when you launch the Configuration window.
- Other compatibility and performance improvements
To see the full release notes and download the new client version, check out our update section . Please note that you don’t have to download and install the new client manually, as your old client will auto-update within a week.
Finally, we are constantly looking for ways to improve Mozy, so if you have any comments or suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org !